All players must read and agree to follow safety rules and sign the Waiver of Liability prior to participating in any Airsoft activities without exception. Any violation of the safety rules will result in mandatory ejection from the field and/or premises.
We accommodate adults as well as children. Please refrain from cursing and crude language in the staging area and on the field.
3. SAFETY GOGGLES:
Full face protection must be worn by anyone in the playing field and chronograph station at all times. NO EXCEPTIONS. Acceptable full face protection is as follows: An Airsoft or Paintball goggle mask that meets or exceeds ASTM STANDARDS and is manufactured for the sport of Airsoft or Paintball. These masks cannot be altered from their original manufactured form. Eyes, Face, Ears, Nose, Mouth and Cheeks must be fully covered and protected. Half Balaclavas are allowed with industry approved Airsoft goggles. Shemaghs are allowed with industry approved Airsoft goggles.
4. MINIMUM AGE: Players must be 13 years of age or older to play Airsoft unless in a private party or accompanied by a playing adult, then the minimum age is nine (9) years of age.
5. WEAPONS SAFETY: 4 CARDINAL WEAPONS SAFETY RULES
- Treat every weapon as if it were loaded.
- Never point the weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot.
- Keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to fire.
- Know your target and what is beyond your target. (No excuse for shooting your own team mates or the referee.)
6. FIELD RISK ASSESSMENT: HOW NOT TO GET HURT IN THE WOODS
- Be aware of hazardous plants: poison ivy, poison oak, poison sumac, briers, etc.
- Be aware of hazardous animals: spiders, snakes, ticks, fire ants, coyotes, dogs, etc.
- Be aware of the terrain. Be sure of your footing and avoid injury on stumps and
- Be aware of the weather. If you hear thunder, return to the staging area.
- Be aware of your body’s condition: internal heat, hydration, blood sugar, etc.
- Stay within the field’s parameters.
7. GAME SAFETY: DON’T HURT EACH OTHER
Every player is a safety officer. If your witness an unsafe act, have the courage to call a cease-fire and bring it to the ref’s attention. Players are not allowed to have live weapons on their person while playing. This includes firearms, pepper spray, batons, sheathed knives, tasers, etc.
DO NOT REMOVE EYE PROTECTION WHILE ON THE FIELD.
This includes when the game is over. First infraction is a mandatory ejection from the game.
Second infraction is a mandatory ejection from the field for the day.
No exceptions: new players and regulars alike.
- Do not climb on top of or over anything for example, barriers, friends, trees, etc.
- Do not rearrange cover.
- Keep ammunition out of your weapon while in the parking lot and staging area.
- Barrel covering devices are required in the parking lot and staging area, and must be re-applied before walking off the playing fields.
- Do not engage in physical contact without consent.
- Do not continue to shoot a player after they have called out or displayed a dead rag. A dead rag is a bright red cloth to indicate you are dead.
- When hit, raise your hand, call your hit loudly, stay behind cover. You may also want to display your dead rag. This is the ONLY way an administrator will address a complaint of over-shooting.
- Stay on the property during game play.
- Alcohol is NOT tolerated on the property.
- Illegal drugs will NOT be tolerated on the property.
- Fighting will NOT be tolerated on the property.
- Rude behavior or loss of temper is grounds for ejection for the day. This applies to new players and regulars alike.
- Threatening another player will result in being banned.
- If you have a genuine problem with another player (hits not being called, over-shooting, cheating, etc.,) notify the head referee IMMEDIATELY. Complaints are extremely difficult to resolve if not reported in a timely manner.
- All guns must be chronographed by a referee. The chrono station opens at 9 am and will be closed down during each game when refs are on the field.
- Any player using an HPA powered gun that is caught adjusting their gun to operate in a higher FPS will be banned from using HPA at R.A.T.S., unless the player has their gun re-chronographed by a referee.
- To minimize risk of fire, notify a ref prior to using a smoke grenade. Only commercially produced cool burn smokes are permitted. Do not use smoke grenades inside the building or in the woods.
- Guns must chrono under 1.5 joules; fps is 350. We use a .28 bb to chrono.
- Snipers are permitted to shoot 3.0 joules and have a 100′ minimum engagement distance.
8. GAME RULES: PLAY FAIR
- You CANNOT mislead the other team as to what team you are on.
- Dead men do NOT relay intelligence. If you communicate or gesture to your teammates while you are dead, anyone you relayed intelligence to will be forced to re-spawn.
- Shooting a ref can result in being forced to re-spawn. Refs will make reasonable attempts to stay out of active firing lanes.
- Do not argue with a ref.
- You must allow the enemy team to re-spawn.
- Do NOT engage the enemy’s re-spawn.
- Thunder B’s, Thunder V’s and thermobaric grenades with the sound mods have a 20′ kill radius.
- EG67 clay pellet grenades have a 20′ kill radius AND kill anyone struck with a projectile.
- Do not call hits on players on the other team.
- Call your own hits.
- If you think you’re hit, call it.
- Ricochets off hard surfaces do NOT count.
- Being shot through brush DOES count.
- Do NOT blindfire.
- Players wearing full ghillie suits are NOT required to wear team tape, though team tape is recommended to minimize friendly fire.
- Friendly fire counts.
- No firing while in spawn, from spawn, or into spawn.
- If you can’t shoulder your weapon, don’t fire it.
- No spamming the trigger. Keep your hand on the grip
- Blind Man! – If you hear “Blind Man!” take a knee and repeat “Blind Man!” Wait for the ref’s instructions. If you hear a long blast of the horn, follow the same procedure.
- 30- rounds-per-second max on full auto
- No climbing on cover
- Do not open doors
- No arguing with referee
- Do not close breach doors.
- Do not overshoot.
- Do not pick up grenades
- Do not push past structures marked green or trees marked yellow.
- Do no remove masks.
- Frag grenades are at a 20 feet kill radius. If you saw it, you’re probably dead.
- No frag grenades in woods
- No smoke grenades inside the school or in the woods
- The referee determines rate of fire and will warn you.